Monday, May 18, 2015

Let's get real...

Please, don't misunderstand me, I love my season of life and cherish the moments I get to spend with my three kids, but can I just say two words... Monday morning... Mondays are always a kick in the pants for us- we start running at 8:15am and stop about 8:00pm- it's no joke. From school, to the box, to gymnastics, to preschool, back to school for pickups, back to the box for CrossFit kids, then home for dinner, homework, showers and bed. Quite honestly, when I woke up this morning I wasn't ready to face this mountain of a day; I just wanted a slower pace but Mondays are not at all slow. I felt spiritually empty and hungry and had my eyes on myself.  I was focused on me and my insufficiency and it was going downhill fast!

As I drove my son to school, I felt a stirring in my gut for rest and respite. I knew I just wanted Jesus and a long quiet time in the word and couldn't see how that was going to happen in this monster of a day. But God knew! He gently encouraged me to bag my workout this morning (I will do it this afternoon) and go spend the time with Him. It was glorious, slow, quiet, relaxing, and restorative.
 
"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
 
If I have learned one thing along my journey of faith, it is this... any time we give to spend with the Lord, He will undoubtedly meet us in that place and give back the time in ways we couldn't imagine. He is a blesser!! He loves to lavish His love, patience and restoration on His children. Seek Him first, ask Him where the time is to spend in His word, His presence is so sweet. Blessings to you on this Monday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment